MAN IS LOOKING all around for the answer to
the emptiness he feels. He knows that he is somehow out of touch with his world, his neighbors and even himself. The Bible
gives us some clear and concise reasons for this... and the solution to the problem!
HOW DO I GET SAVED?
- HE IS CALLING YOU! Revelations 3:20 - "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:
if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me." Jesus is waiting
to come into your heart right now. You didnt seek Him, but He sought you, and you feel Him calling you right now.
- REPENT. 1 John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive
us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
- CONFESS AND BELIEVE. Romans 10:8-10, 13 - "But what does it say? The word is near
you, in your mouth and in your heart (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the
Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes
unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall
- WHAT TO PRAY? If you haven't asked Jesus into your heart yet, do so right now by
praying a simple prayer like this one: Dear Jesus, I ask you to come into my heart. I know that I am a sinner, but I believe
that you died on the cross and rose from the dead to set me free. I believe that your shed blood has released me from the
power of sin. I give you my life, and make you my Lord."
THE CONDITION OF MAN
- Proverbs 14:12 - "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the
ways of death." All of man's ideas seem so good, yet history shows that none are able to really change the world for the better.
- Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Every person, when
compared to Gods goodness, is found wanting.
- Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death." Sin may be fun for a season, but there is a heavy
price tag in the end.
GOD OFFERS MAN ANOTHER CHOICE
- Romans 6:23 - "But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
- John 3:36 - "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the
Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." Salvation gives us life, not just in eternity, but today. When
we accept Jesus, we are able to enjoy life and feel good about ourselves right now.
JESUS IS THE ONLY CHOICE
- John 14:6 - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto
the Father, but by me."
- Hebrews 9:27 - "...as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment..." Christs
forgiving us is the only way we can stand before a holy God at the day of judgment.
TIED TO THESE REASONS to accept Jesus Christ are all the promises of the Bible...
promises of guidance, direction, love, purpose, healing and blessing. For two thousand years, in every kind of culture and
political system, Jesus has met the needs of His people.
Salvation is the whole purpose of
life. In the hearts of all men is the knowledge that there is a God and that they are separated from Him. Questions about
governments, wealth, plans or programs are unimportant compared to what a man is going to do about his sin.
The good news is that God loves us and has made us part of His eternal plan. God has not left us with the impossible
task of cleansing ourselves but has made a way. Jesus is that WAY!
Jesus made it clear that there was more to salvation than just one
prayer. You have started a new life, but there are real enemies. There is a real devil who will try to oppose and lead you
back to your old life of sin and rebellion against God. There is also a part of you that the Bible calls the flesh. It enjoyed
sin and will try to regain control of your life. This means that there are some important things that you need to begin to
do right now...
You have begun the greatest adventure in life, and may God bless you as you take your first steps
in serving him.
- TRUST! Jesus said that He would accept you, and you must believe that He has.
1: 12 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.
Believe this even if, at times, circumstances and emotions seem to say you're really not forgiven. When you were a sinner,
you sometimes felt like serving God, but you trusted in the world; now put your trust in God's promises...
Heaven and earth
shall pass away, but Gods Word will never pass away. -Mark 13:31
- CHANGE! Jesus told a prostitute, Go and sin no more, Paul told the Romans to reckon
themselves dead unto sin and not to let sin reign in their mortal bodies. Though you are still able to sin, you no longer
need to. You don't need to spend years picking at your sins, just believe God and change your way of living based on the power
of what Christ has done.
- FELLOWSHIP! Jesus changed the lives of the disciples by the simple invitation,
Come and follow me. As they were with him, they learned of him. Jesus is saying the same thing today. He promises that Wherever
two or three are gathered in His name there he is also. It is vital to begin to get with other Christians. The Book of Ephesians
tells us that God gave gifts unto men...pastors and teachers...for the perfecting of the saints for the work on the ministry,
for the edifying of the body of Christ. The most important thing that you can do as a newborn Christian is to find a church.
Just as we followed others into sin, we now can follow others into the discovery of the Christian life. In church you find
strength through the preaching of the word, as well as fellowship and purpose. It's not an accident that you found this church,
and you need to become a part of it.
- WITNESS! Matthew 10:32-33,Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him
will I confess also before my father which is in heaven... Jesus met a Samaritan woman, and that very day she become a witness
to her whole city. Some think that they should wait to tell others about what has happened to them. This is great mistake.
It is as you tell about Christ that your faith is strengthened.
- PRAY! This can be done in everyday language. It can also be done confidently since
God promises to hear those who come to him in Jesus name.
- READ YOUR BIBLE! 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, All scripture is given by inspiration
of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God
may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
- SEEK THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! Acts 1:8 says, But ye shall receive power,
after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you... Ask the Pastor for more information regarding this important gift!